How does it work?
Definition of Record Title
The general guidelines are listed below:
- The attempt must take place in a public place or a venue open to public inspection.
- The event is continuous, the clock does not stop. One minute must mean exactly 60 seconds.
- Breaks and pause are allowed for participants but the clock must not stop under in any circumstances.
- Audible and visible, start and finish signal must be used for the participants
- Two experienced timekeepers, equipped with stopwatches accurate to 0.001 seconds must be present at the event.
- The presence of two independent witnesses is mandatory.
- A covering letter elaborately explaining the Name, age, occupation, postal address for future correspondences, date, time, location/venue, witness details miscellaneous and brief description of the record attempt.
- Witness statements prepared by two independent Witnesses in the prescribed format providing the record measurements, method of measurement, remarks etc must be furnished, with confirmation of adherence to the guidelines during the record attempt. The Evidence Guide document is a vital document and explains our evidence procedure. Such as who can act as an independent witness? What we count as independent? Etc.
Note-Formats must be used to create/submit your evidence documents like covering letter, a witness statement etc.
LIST OF EVIDENCE REQUIRED
Unique World Records provides you with a checklist of items to help you ensure all items are enclosed before you submit your evidence for review. Please note that you have submitted ALL items provided on your evidence checklist to avoid the risk of delay or rejection of your claim.
- Covering Letter
- 2 Witness Statement
- Guest Log Book
- Attempt Log Book if required
- Special Witness Statement if required
- Time Keeper Statement if required
- Curator Statement if required
- Surveyor Statement if required
Record Specific Guidelines
Record Specific Guidelines indicate the specific evidence requirements along with other necessary guidelines for your record attempt on an individual basis, these are in addition to General Guideline’s – common for all record attempts. Kindly refer to Record Specific Guidelines sent to you via email if you already applied or Click Here to Apply for Guidelines before submitting specified evidence.
Example: Record specific guidelines for Most people celebrating their birthday together
- Every participant must have a valid and acceptable date of birth proof at the event.
- The attempt must take place at a single location/venue.
- Every participant must have an individual number displayed at the chest of a participant. It must be prominently visible for geotagged photographs to be clicked simultaneously.
- Photos must have optimum possible participants in every group photo for efficient review for verification.
- Every participant must have an individual cake.
KNOWLEDGE BASE FAQ'S SECTION
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), based on the questions and enquiries of the applicants usually asked for, is provided for necessary guidance and assistance along with this document, but if you still have any questions please contact support.
In this document provided here detailed guidelines to your record evidence submission required to verify your attempt. Please read and understood all requirements and take printouts of all prescribed formats to prepare all necessary documents as per the record specific guidelines.
DANGER IN RECORDS: Records involving unsuitable activities, a high degree of risk, uncontrolled danger or those which could cause potential harm or danger to spectators shall not be entertained, such applications are rejected out rightly by UWR.
ANIMAL: UWR DO NOT endorse or entertain any activity that may potentially endanger or harm animals or records which involve any level of danger for the animal. Any attempts found to be indulging in such activities will be disqualified
RECORDS QUALIFIED BY DISABILITY, AGE: Unique World Records titles are open to anyone irrespective of their level of ability/age. UWR includes a variety of activities to appeal to different age groups/abilities and consider real records, rather than those that are qualified in some way.
MINORS: Minors are not permitted to attempt records which are considered unsuitable for minors as per the law of the jurisdiction of the attempt. Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must provide consent from a parent/guardian.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, INAPPROPRIATE /OFFENSIVE: Unique World Records will not process inappropriate or offensive applications. It will not endorse or permit Illegal activities in pursuit of record-breaking. Such record attempts would be disqualified out rightly.
TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, NARCOTICS, AND OTHER INTOXICATING SUBSTANCES: Unique World Records DO NOT accept applications or creates new record titles that involve
- The consumption, preparation or use of tobacco or nicotine products,
- The consumption of alcohol as part of the attempt, binge drinking or speed drinking
- The consumption of drugs, narcotics, or other psychotropic substances as part of the attempt.
NON-ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY RECORD ATTEMPTS: UWR DO NOT consider the records which involve the release of pollutants, endangering the ecological balance, emission of banned substances etc.
VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION: Participants may be compensated for their time, effort, expense and inconvenience. People must not be forced for participating in a record attempt and must take part in their own free will. They must be fully informed about the record they are participating in.
The Covering Letter must provide a clear overview and detailed definition of your record attempt. The Covering Letter act as a road map for our team to evaluate your record attempt application.
GUEST LOG BOOK
UWR requires Visitors / Media / Guests / Witness Log Books on a compulsory basis for every record evidence. This logbook must include Name, Designation, Contact Details and remarks if any along with Signatures.
Though it may not be possible to get established experts in every field for a wide variety of record categories, Even then it is advised to engage independent witnesses, experts in their given field.
2 Witness statements from independent individuals must be submitted who will verify relevant details of a record attempt where Unique World Records Team is not present, they are tasked to confirming whether all Unique World Records guidelines have been adhered to, and providing a detailed account of exactly what took place.
ATTEMPT LOG BOOK
The logbook is an essential part of the evidence for almost all records but record attempts of more than one hour time durations (including journeys and expeditions, and so on). For such record attempts, details of completed activity, rest breaks and what is achieved at what point are required to be accurately entered in the book.
Independent curators are required for mass participation record attempts involving active participation by participants being held at controlled, monitored and ticketed venues. Curators supervise predetermined groups of participants, in order to monitor activity and desired participation by all attendees taking part in the record attempt.
APPLICATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Reading lengthy terms and conditions is a tough job but you are must read them carefully, to clearly understand, what is actually required from you before you attempt.
Time- based and duration based records must have at least two timekeepers and for specific period performances (e.g. Most in one minute). Two timekeepers presence is essential apart from independent witnesses.)
AGREEMENT TO RECORD ATTEMPT
You agree that all types of liabilities or consequences arising out of your record attempt are yours as per following provisions of this agreement hereby acknowledged.
You must and understood very important information given below. Every participant, organiser and witness including everyone concerned with the record attempt must read and understood these guidelines prior to the attempt.
- These record specific guidelines and must be followed, as non-adherence to these guidelines will result in disqualification of your application, without any right of appeal.
- These guidelines are non-exhaustive, it cannot be treated as any kind of safety advice and cannot be construed as any tool which makes the record attempt risk free.
- Unique World Records accepts no responsibility for the safety of participants, organizers, spectators, bystanders and one else, in any record attempt. You are solely responsible
(a) To ensure safety precautions are in place and that all safety equipment and other material to be used is suitable and properly checked before the record attempt takes place and
(b) To ensure health and safety laws and regulations of the jurisdiction of the record attempt are followed.
(c) To ensure your event of record attempt must be covered with an appropriate insurance policy, Unique world records shall not be liable for any loss injury, liability or damage caused due to preparation /undertaking of the proposed record attempt.
For record attempt being organized in association in any way, with a tobacco / alcoholic brand
- Seek prior written permission from Unique World Records. In absence of such permission validity of your application stands void. Your record might not be considered even if you have followed the guidelines.
- After your request for permission, UWR team international consultation will decide the approval or disapproval on the basis of merits and demerits of the application, without any further appeal.
If you have signed our agreement in relation to record attempts only then your record will be considered for authorization/approval. The mere provision of these guidelines does not mean UWR consent to undertake a record attempt.
Arts and Culture
This category contains records about the largest collection of articles such as coins, artefacts, antique items, vintage cars, tickets, Post & Philately Etc.
Creativity & Innovation
This category contains records about the new generation of the world’s best and unique ideas which are both novel and useful.
Education & Literature
This category contains records about the field of education literature, research and journalism Etc.
This category contains records about the exhibition of extraordinary talent, unique ability and or rare capacity of an individual or a team.
Inventions & Technology
Memory & Mental World
Most & Mass
This category contains records about Largest lessons/dance lessons/ instructional/school dance phenomenon, Largest gatherings, Costumed, Professional impersonators, Shared trait, Largest human image, Musical performance, Largest ensemble, Most people playing “x”, Most performances of a skill by a group, Consecutively, Simultaneously, Mass participation in given hours, Largest audience/crowds, Largest tournament, Most people performing an activity simultaneously in multiple venues Etc.
This category contains records about the smallest functional item, smallest representation, miniature art Etc.
Strength & Stamina
This category contains records about the heaviest weight lifted/held/pulled, the heaviest vehicle pulled, farthest distance to pull a vehicle, breaking blocks and records related to the ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort Etc.
This category contains records about the youngest individual or team achievement in any field.